The Advantages of Being Sober
Today I mused over the advantages of being sober. Here are some that are meaningful to me and possibly of interest to you:
1. No more hangovers
2. Less time wasted – I have always been an active person but while I was drinking there was a definite cut off time when I would go from being active to a slug. The cut off time was the second I took the first sip of alcohol.
3. 90% less anxiety – It is rare that I suffer with any kind of social anxiety or panic attacks anymore.
4. I can go anywhere, anytime. – I couldn’t just drive to the store at 8pm if I had been drinking, or take the kids out for an unexpected treat.
5. I don’t have to plan my day around my drinking – I feel so free now.
6. No guilt
7. My sense of humor has come back
8. I am happier
9. I wake up early
10. I don’t forget anything
Just writing this list is a benefit of being sober. I highly recommend it.
Please feel free to share your own advantages of being sober.